Thursday, November 24, 2016

Verse 5

I should ponder about my own life, existence, soul. There is no point in wasting my time in analyzing the world. Everyone is aware of what's good and what is not (for themselves). Whether I should listen to a story or I should take a nap, is my own decision. And everyone has a right to choose according their own will. Consequently each one of us shall bear the fruit according to our choice. I should introspect how have I lead my life, so when people watch me have I been the subject of inspiration? Saint Tukaram says, eventually, all of us face the consequences of our own actions, so one should pity oneself ( and try to find our own way)  instead of feeding our ego, looking at someone's else's misery.

Desire to preach the world has certain disadvantages, that are given in this verse,

01) It takes you away from 'Introspection'
02) One tends to forget about one's own misery
(as one is feeding ego looking at someone else's sorrow)
03) The urge that, 'I should attain the higher states of consciousness' disappears.
04) and so, the only way, of transforming the society i.e. self transformation is set aside.
05) The worldly infatuation gets stronger.
06) Everyone has a vivid idea about his or her well being, but that vanishes gradually as well.
07) This world has a rule, that every human being has come on this journey of life with his own set of
desires and interests and that decides their path ahead. But one tends to forget this rule and starts judging one another.
08) Individual freedom is disrespected.
09) Resolutions are not natural but are forced.(by society, religion etc.)
10) Neither does the society gets transformed, nor does this lead to self transformation, but surely increases the distress among individuals.

Composition - Saint Tukaram
Marathi Translation - Vinoba Bhave
English Translation - Nirzara

No comments:

Post a Comment