Sunday, November 27, 2016

On a lighter note.

My grandmother used to tell many stories to me when I was little. It is very difficult to remember all the stories today. But what I recall vividly, is my grandmother's shivering, gentle voice. Old lamp's glimmer, overly filled stomach, grandma occasionally brushing her hand over my back and and words filled with affection. All these ingredients made these stories taste like sweet slumber candies. They made the best lullabies.

The rule was to say 'Hmm' to grandma after every sentence to assure you are awake. This assuring voice would merge with five to seven minutes. The blanket would slide up from the legs to the waist. And by the end of the story, the sleep would gently crawl in the eyes.

Today we may not be having our grandmother around but we can listen to her stories...on the story time...

No comments:

Post a Comment