Thursday, November 17, 2016

'Saint's Message' by Vinoba Bhave

Para 01

Translation - Nirzara

Day 001

Preface -

Saint Tukaram has been of a great assistance to me in 'psychological research'. I recall my mother singing the beautiful poems of Tukaram in her sweet voice. The memory wells up tears in my eyes even today. I had a conception of selecting roughly a hundred poems (Abhangas) by Tukaram, along with its brief meaning, significance and make it available for the reader. I have given one poem (with its meaning) for the weekly magazine 'Maharashtra Dharma' in the past, for several years. The book is a collection of the same verses. This cogitation is not complete yet. But I am publishing whatever  I have worked upon. Many people who have read this draft have liked it. I hope the 'Adherents' find it relevant and helpful in the journey of their life and get closer to the consciousness.

('Read a thousand books and your words will flow like a river'
...project for reading and translating things starts from today....
I chose Vinoba because I haven't read much what he has written
and of course its Tukaram :)
and the journey begins...lets keep our fingers
crossed and hope for 'Consistency')

No comments:

Post a Comment